Ten Knots Development Corporation (TKDC), a company that is steadfast in prioritizing the well-being of its guests, employees, and its community is committed to the safety of everyone coming in and staying at any El Nido Resorts (ENR) and Lio Estate Resorts (LER). Not only known for its green practices, both ENR and LER are also recognized for the level of comfort, privacy, and unmatched experience they provide to all of their guests.
It offers direct and less than an hour flights to El Nido in a private airport, remote and low-density islands and beach clubs, and availability of resort doctors and medical facilities following international health and safety standards.
As the whole of Palawan is in a modified general community quarantine, the municipality of El Nido continues to implement preventive measures in order to contain the spread of COVID-19. At present, travelers are inquiring not only for their interest to book but also conscious of the safety efforts at the destination.
El Nido Resorts recognizes its duty to enhanced care through the Be GREEN, Be Clean commitment. Its four pillars Safe Facilities, Enhanced Housekeeping, Healthy Community, and GREEN & Clean Experience serve to ensure the welfare of our employees and guests alike. These guidelines follow the latest available standards set by the World Health Organization, the Department of Health, and the Department of Tourism.
The enhanced care guest journey begins with their flight to El Nido via AirSwift – the first airline to install in-seat barriers that will help minimize the possibility of droplet transmission from passengers beside or behind.
Once landed, guests will go through this 9-step journey:
- Arrival at Lio airport where safety signages will be present in most visible areas, seats will be sanitized, and PPEs will be worn by representatives at all times.
- The guests will transfer via shuttle service to the new Care Lounge, while observing physical distancing with seating limited to one person per row. There will be a safety divider between the driver and guests, and luggage will be handled and transported separately.
- Once the guests arrive at the Care Lounge for check-in, airport representatives will assist them as they enter where foot bath, hand sanitation, and thermal scanning will be required. ENR guests can check-in via QR code using their smartphones and they need to present their valid ID with photo and signature. A similar process is followed for LER guests but check-in is done at their respective resorts after proper sanitation at the lounge.
- After completing their check-in requirements, guests will then be assisted for transfers to their respective resorts. For those staying in the islands, they will be provided with a sanitized life jacket which they can use for the duration of their stay. The allowable number of guests per boat will only be a maximum of 8. Hand sanitizers and fresh towels will be available on the boats where seat markers are placed to observe physical distancing. For guests staying at Lio Beach, designated shuttle services will take you from the Care Lounge to your resort.
- All resort entry points are equipped with foot bath and hand sanitizers. LER guests will find their disinfected luggage at the lobby while for ENR, these will be delivered to each guest room’s doorstep.
- Both ENR and LER will sell rooms up to 50% maximum capacity only.
- Buffet offerings are replaced with pre-set or a la carte meals, and will only be available through in-room dining.
- Private, low-density tours, and a dedicated Marine Sports Guide per boat will be offered to guests for leisure & recreation. Spas and main pools will be temporarily closed; while gym-use will be by appointment only.
- The check-out process will be via email where a digital folio will be sent to the guests the evening prior departure; so that, they have more time to take in the beautiful scenery the next day. Several cashless payment options will be made available at the front desk where key cards will be dropped and immediately sanitized.